Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Path to a Dream Vacation

In a few months, I will be traveling and temporarily moving to Georgia for six months. I am beyond excited. I've been wanting to move somewhere new for a while now and I've finally gotten the opportunity to do so. A lot of the details are still being worked on. I'm not sure which month I will be leaving. It will either be in one month or in seven months. Big difference, I know. I also am not sure how I will be getting there. I really want to drive there and be able to fulfill one of my dream vacations. Since I live in Seattle, not many miles away from the coast, and I will be moving to Georgia, again, not so many miles from the coast, I plan on having a coast-to-coast road trip. It has always been a dream of mine and I figured that I couldn't pass up the opportunity.

Now, I see two problems. One, my car is technically my dad's and we have to work things out with the bank/insurance/etc to see if I can have it down there for six months. And two, the biggest problem of all, is money. As you all may, or may not, know is that I'm currently unemployed. I find out in a week whether I will be leaving sooner, or later. If it's in a month, then I'm not really sure how to fund my trip. If it's later, then I will searching harder for a job to pay for everything.

As I'm not very happy with my current living situation, I would love to be able to go sooner rather than later. But then how will I pay for my trip? It will cost at least $750 for gas and I plan on staying with friends along the way instead of hotels, but then there is still the price of food, and of course, postcards. Even if I got a job now, one month would not be long enough to come up with all the money. Especially with a low-paying minimum wage job and part-time hours. So what's a girl to do?

I've written down a list of everything that I could do.. but I just don't think it would be enough. I'm highly considered posting a donate button on my blog, in case any of you would like to help fund a dream vacation. What do you think?

No comments: