Sunday, July 22, 2012

July Challenge Update

I've haven't really worked the challenge since I re-started it, BUT I have completed some goals without even trying! Here they are:


014. Get a pedicure COMPLETED! 06/29/12
I got my first pedi with my bestie. And she actually treated me! Next time I should treat her so I can cross off  #15. We went to a place at Northgate Mall called Magic Nails. I would highly recommend to NOT go there to get your nails done. They do a rush job and not a good quality. The prices are cheap - but it goes hand in hand with the quality. I would rather spend a few extra bucks and go elsewhere.

042. Visit 3 new states [1/3]
In June, I went on a roadtrip to Vegas and then went on a family vacation to Texas. Technically I've been to both Nevada and Texas before (when I was a kid) so I won't count those as new states. But during my roadtrip I did drive through (and stop a couple times) in Idaho. So I will count that as a new state! I even mailed myself a postcard from there so it must count right? Which brings me to my next one..


057. Go on a roadtrip - at least 500 miles total COMPLETED! 06/08/12
I went on a LONG roadtrip to Vegas! About 2400 miles and 22 (yes, 22!) hours each way. I was definitely tired by the time I got back home. And I drove the whole way, by myself, and without stopping, except for gas. CRAZY idea, right? I have learned my lesson. For my next Vegas trip I will be sharing the driving with someone else and going to stay there longer to ensure enough rest for the way back.

060. Visit cousins from the Bell/Crum family COMPLETED! 06/15/12
I actually visited both of them. My cousin (Crum family) had a baby boy (her first!) and the Bell family came down to visit as well. I traveled with my aunt (the new great-grandma) and visited the families in Texas. The Bell family came from Tennessee so it was pretty nice to see both families since I haven't seen any of them since 2009!


So, that's it for now. I didn't really have much to update this time around (even though its been a few months!) but I promise more for next time. I might write some posts later on with more details and photos of my trips from June. For now, just enjoy these pictures that I've included.

I also have to note that these photos are taken with my Android. Please excuse the semi-poor quality of the photos. I'd say the quality is good as far as phones go, but in general, still not great.

No comments: